Thursday, November 15, 2012

Monday November 12, 2012


This last storm didn't affect us personally.  It knocked down a few trees though and this last saturday we helped cut up part of a MASSIVE Black Oak.  This coming saturday we'll be cutting up the rest of it and starting on another Black Oak and a White Oak.  Good burning wood from what I've been told.

We had an awesome week this week.  The Lord blessed us with four new investigators.  Chrissy and her two sons Thomas (11) and Christopher (9).  She also has two daughters Brook and Alyssa who are of Baptismal age that we wish to start teaching soon.

We knocked into Chrissy early in the transfer and never made it back to see her.  The night we met her was homecoming night and she was busy getting the oldest daughter ready for the dance so we just left it at that.  When we went back we taught them the Restoration and talked about Joseph Smith being a Prophet.  After sharing James 1:5 with them, Thomas told us exactly what it meant.  He's 11!  That was totally awesome.  Then we shared the First Vision.  He said, "If its true.  Then God still speaks.  And I want to know.  Can it happen again?"  It was amazing to hear him ask that question.  His mind and heart are open to the gospel and the Holy Ghost.  Here's the kicker.  We asked how they thought it would feel if the Holy Ghost answered their prayers.  Thomas and Christopher described perfectly the promptings of the Holy Ghost without any help from us or their mother.

They were a total blessing from the Lord.

The next one is Chris.  He's 19.  Chris is the grandson of a couple of members.  He hasn't been active in a church for several years.  Church kept getting forced upon him and he just pushed back and turned away from it completely.  He came to church sunday.  One of our speakers was a young man who leaves wednesday morning to go to the MTC.  He talked about repentance and striving to change.  Chris thought about how he though it was too late for him, but then he heard that repentance is possible.  He wants to change his life.  He's on date for baptism now.  Another great blessing.

I don't speak a lot in church actually.  I've only had to give one talk since coming out and that was in Hagerstown.  It was on caring for the poor and needy.  I've born a lot of testimonies though.  I love bearing my testimony.  I want you to bear your testimony this coming fast sunday.  I'll do it too.  It'll be cool.  Dad.  You bear yours also.  Oh hey.  Why doesn't everyone who reads this post to the blog bear their testimony.  It'll be fun.

I miss Grandpa too.  I want to go to the cemetery when I get home so that I can see it.  him and Jay.  The Lord was ready for them both to be on the other side.  I think I've felt Grandpa comforting and strengthening me from time to time.  He took care of me there and he's taking care of me here.

I have a testimony of Obedience.  This week our blessings came only because we were being exactly obedient.  The credit for any accomplishment like this isn't ours.  Its the Lords.  Its his world.  Its his work.  Its his credit.  I know that Christ is the ultimate example of obedience.  Knowing that his mission was to atone for the sins of the world, he didn't shrink when he drunk from the bitter cup.  He submitted fully to laws of his father.  I testify that he is the savior.  This I bear in the name of him.  Even the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Christofferson

"Feed my sheep..."

No comments:

Post a Comment