Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14,2011

Okay.  So this week has been a weird week for us.  We just found out that we have bed bugs and our apartment is getting sprayed for them on Wednesday.  All of our clothes have to be washed and dried, but we can't put them away for 2-4 hours after the apartment has been sprayed.  Not fun.  We have to pack up EVERYTHING and move it to the middle of the living room floor so that they can kill the little suckers.  So if you send anything don't send bed bugs.
 
We've been working really hard this week to achieve the Standard of Excellence in our work.  Last night was an interesting night.  We went to meet a potential investigator who is Pagan.  We found out that he grew up Baptist, but because of some things with other religions drove him and his wife away from Christianity.  We talked for a long time about things he believes in.  He says that he follows the Cherokee beliefs.  We found out that a lot of his beliefs are the same as ours.  Then he said the craziest thing I've ever heard.  He said, "Jesus Christ was the greatest Pagan to ever live."  He holds a lot of things against the LDS people though.  He holds us responsible for the Massacre at Wounded Knee and for what happened to the tribes when the Saints settled Utah.  He blames the inter tribal wars on the Catholic Church though.  We finally agreed that he's not ready to change yet and that the Lord hasn't prepared him for coming into the True Church of God and Jesus Christ.  Before he left he told us our Cherokee Spirit Totems.  He said that mine is the Bear and Elder Lyons is the Raccoon.  He was a pretty cool guy, but a little crazy too.
 
I can testify that the Lord works in his own time and his own way.  We've seen it with our investigators wanting to be Baptized and Less Actives wanting to come back to church.  He's chosen to bless Elder Lyons and I for our diligence and efforts in fulfilling our purpose which is to Invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them recieve the Restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End.  I know that by living my Missionary Commission I will be the best Missionary that I can be.
 
"I am Called of God.  My authority is above that of the kings of the earth.  By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is my Master and he has chosen me to Represent him.  To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me.  My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine.  My commission is to do what he wants done.  To say what he wants said.  To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work."  Elder Bruce R. McConkie
 
Hurry up and get your mormon.org profiles made.  I want to be able to put your names down on these pass along cards that I hand out.
 
Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment