Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011



I hope you liked Conference.  As for the question everyone asks me about my companion.  Elder Lyons (My Trainer) and I are getting split up on Wednesday.  He's being transferred out and I'll be in charge of the Area for a while.  But I have learned a lot from him these last 3 months.  Mostly how greasy the side of my head is.  He comments on it everytime I talk on the phone.
This last week has been a roller coaster of week.  We were able to teach several lessons over the conference weekend and we knocked on the door of a Jehovas Witness. (We're still trying to figure out the best way to teach and approach them) Our Visa waiter who is headed to Brazil left us today.  While he was here he managed to bring several people into the Gospel and the Waters of Baptism.  Elder Jorgensen of Orem Utah.  It was awesome to hear that he finally recieved his Visa.  The spirit flooded us with happiness as we realized that there is someone in desperate of him to share the Gospel in Brazil at this time.  I know that the spirit works in strange, but good ways.  He gives us the guidance we need most at the times we are ready to give up.
I know the Gospel is true.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the ONLY Church with the fullness of the Everlasting Gospel.  Joseph Smith changed the world through the Book of Mormon.  I've said it to my companion and I'll say it to the world.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints takes the slander, persecution, and ridicule for one simple reason.  And that is because we CAN take it.  Nobody else can bear the burden others place on us.  We need to go forth and show it.  "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the atrump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!  Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and acome unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth." (Alma 29:1-2)
I love you all.
Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment