Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday, September 19, 2011


Okay family.  This is my attempt to improve my emails to all of you.  First.  Mom.  District Monkey means that my companion is the District Leader.  It means that I have double the normal responsibilities and half of them are his.  There you go.
 
So Sunday we were able to confirm Jason a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It was very emotional.  We were able to go over that night and start preparing him for the priesthood.
 
By the way.  I'm getting transferred on wednesday.  So you'll probably want to send anything you have for me to the Mission Office address till I can let you know where I'm going.  With Christmas coming up it would be nice to have copies of my Trans-Siberean Orchestra Music out here (hint-hint).
 
I found one person who I was supposed to meet.  I want to share something with you from my personal study though.  Over the past nine months I've been preparing and working on a copy of the Book of Mormon that I teach and study out of.  As President Belliston has asked us to study ONLY from the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel I haven't used my quad except in Trainings and at church.  At the end of my Mission I'll pass it on to a missionary preparing to leave on his mission.  I've been putting in little notes here and there that I hope will help them as they go forth and teach.  In Jacob Chapter 2, Jacob speaks very boldly to the readers.  But as I read and studied with an open heart and trying to pay close attention to the Spirit I was able to feel the love that Jacob has for those who would come to read of the book.  When missionaries are out teaching the masses we are to speak boldly and lovingly to them.  How else can we hope the Spirit to work for them?  When Christ spoke boldly to his disciples some of them left saying "This is too much to ask of us".  Then Christ turned to Peter (Paraphrasing of course) "Will you leave me Peter?"  "Where am I going to go?  Who else has the words of eternal life?"  Peter felt the love that Christ put into his bold words.
 
What can we do to invite the Spirit?  Be bold and loving.  If you don't know how to do this then seek help from your Father in Heaven.  As has been said in the past.  As we seek his help he will give it to us.  I bear you this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
"Feed my sheep..."
 
Elder Christofferson

 Everyone should do this.  We call it the President Monson Referral Approach.  At the next family party.  Have everyone that can kneel, pray silently, and ask heavenly father for someone that they can introduce the missionaries to.  Then collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers and give them to the missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment