Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011


Hello family and faithful readers!
We're excited for this week.  We didn't hit 25 lessons this week, but we're pretty close.  23 is a good number.  We just have to work harder next week.
The people here are very exciting.  Except for the ones that scream crude things at us as they drive by.  There are numerous times that I want to shout back at them to bring it on or say it to my face, but then I remember that they don't know any better yet.  They haven't had the chance to learn of us and the true church for themselves.  Remember that everyone.  We are the THE TRUE CHURCH.  Why?  Because we have to fullness of the everlasting gospel.
President Packer's son hasn't been here yet.  That's this Friday.  I'll be telling you all about it and probably passing on some VERY profound wisdom that I pray may be able to help somebody back home.  How's Dal doing?  President Belliston is awesome.  He's done so much for so many Missionaries out here.  He tells us his family comes before us (Which it does) but we can t help feeling that we're included in his family.  I think he's trying to memorize the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price verbatim.  He quotes so many scriptures that its not even funny.  He'll recite whole chapters and a half, jump to another chapter, and go back to one that he didn't finish just to bring it full circle again.  He's a Spiritual Giant.
Bro Lisky served in one of the Las Vegas Missions.  He's 22 or 23 now.  He's an avid collector of ties and has a very unique way of explaining the Plan of Salvation.  He came with us to teach Sister Gammell and it went very well.  Now we have to teach her the second half of it.  She just soaks up what we share like a sponge.
Erick is progressing.  He doesn't drink as much, but still does once in a while.  Fortunately he's been sober every time we go see him.
That's cool where that you went to the Browning Museum.  The Winchester Rifle Company is in our Mission.  We have a Zone named after Winchester.  The Winchester Zone.  Its the business.  Whats "Smith and Edwards"?
As for the bike.  I've been praying and know that by getting a bike that's the right size will help me to accelerate my personal work and help me better fulfill my purpose as a missionary.  If they credit me less than $175 for my bike I might just sell mine back to the mission then pay the difference.  I'll email you about the cost on Monday.
I pray to find my camera every night.  If I can't find one I may just have to buy some disposable ones till I can afford a new one.
I hope Cam and Colton are keeping those boys out of trouble.  I don't think I'll go back to camp my first summer home.  I think I'll try to get some school done.  You know.  Just get the Generals out of the way to start then focus on my career.
Your testimony is always welcome.  Remember that a testimony is what you've come to know about Christ.  You never know who yours might influence.
I'm going t close with mine.  I know that through diligent effort and a desire to follow Christ will bring all of God's children closer to Christ.  This is the key to redemption and eventually exaltation.  If we humbly submit ourselves to his will we can receive many blessings in our lives.  Jesus is the Christ.  The son of God.  The savior of the world.  In his sacred name I bear my witness.  Nevertheless Jesus Christ.  Amen.
Elder Christofferson
"Feed my sheep."

No comments:

Post a Comment