Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011


The new area is great.  We're doing awesome.  This is the first area I've been in that we've broken 20 other lessons.  Its awesome.  Now we have about 25 lessons lined up for this week.  I found out that this was predominate Confederate location.  Many commanders in the confederate army lived here.  Mainly cavalry officers by the looks of things.
Killing him just means that I'm his last companion as he's dying in the mission.  First companion is trainer, second is greenie buster, third is corrupter, and last is killer.  Six months has gone fast and its only going to go faster.
If you think its bad there you should check out the humidity here.  I never got my mesh garments yet.  They're still in Perry Hall.  I should be getting them fairly soon though.  I told Elder Davis to make sure that they get to me before the end of the transfer.  We're having a couple Specialized Trainings next week with President Packer's Son.  Maybe Elder Davis can get it to the AP's or someone to bring to me.  I'm not going to be shaving the hair off my body.  It'll just itch growing back in the winter time anyways.  Trying to keep enough deodorant just got easier.  I came into possession of several stick the other day as we were cleaning out the supply closet in the apartment.  So no worries.
Thanks for the addresses.  They're much appreciated.  I'll have to email them now and find out how their mission's are going.
Don't worry about the second coming.  Just worry about repenting.  That's the most important part of all of it.  That's why nobody knows the time of his coming.
I'm still working on it Lorie.  I think I may have though.  She's in her 60's though.  Lynn Gammell.  She requested a Book of Mormon.  We took her one, taught her the Restoration, and she agreed to baptism that day.  She came to church yesterday and we have an appointment for Thursday.  Brother Lisky who served in one of the Las Vegas Missions is going to come teach the Plan of Salvation with us.
Brother Lisky is a funny guy.  He met his now wife before his mission.  The first thing he said to her was "Wow.  You have great Birthing hips."  Mr. Smooth blew it.  But its cool.  He's a pretty funny guy.  He's always telling everyone to repent.
Still working on the guy with the Hangover.  He's sobered up now and is looking for work and to clean up his life.  We have an appointment with him this week so hopefully we'll be able to put him on date.
RM PARTY!!!  Looking forward to it.
I hope you have a good anniversary.  You probably wont get to read this since you'll be gone.  Do you just want me to send the email to Leslie or Kadee so that one of them can update the blog while you're gone?
Keep up the good work dad.  The more diligently you work without expecting results the more the Lord will bless you.  By the way I'm losing more weight.  I'm also thinking about hoarding my money like I used to so that I can upgrade my bike.  I just found out the one that I'm riding on is too small for me and the frame is too light.  I went to a bike shop with my companion so that he could pick up a box to send his home and the shop owner and I were talking about bikes.  He told me that mine is too small and light for me.  Thats why I'm so sore all the time.  He told me that I could trade mine in and pay the difference for the bike that'd be perfect for me.  So I'm going to find out what it would take and pray about it to see if I really should.  My tiny bike has served me so well this far.
Kadee's a good girl.  I'm sure that she's always checking herself so that she'll make righteous decisions.  After all.  She needs to if she wants to go to the temple someday.
So I'm going to close this with my testimony.  Joseph Smith Restored Christ's Church.  The Book of Mormon is true.  God's plan is perfect.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
Short and simple.  But those are often the best ones.
Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment