Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011

Okay.  I can respond now.  All our emailing locations were closed yesterday because of memorial day, but now I have an opportunity.  I'm still getting used to the area so I haven't been able to research any history yet, but I do see a lot of Civil War Memorial and Historic Plaques around town so I'll look into them.  Our county is named after George Washington though.
 
My new companion is Elder Garfield.  He's a cowboy from Kaysville Utah.  He actually has an interesting family history.  His ancestors traded a pet cat to the Native Americans for most of the Ogden area.  Its called the Cat Claim.  You might be able to find it online.  His family also owns the ruins a Castle in the UK.  He's on his last transfer in the mission then he starts the transfer home.  I'm "Killing" him. (Complicated story.  I'll tell you later.)  He said that he might drop in and see you sometime.  He's pretty cool.  He likes to tell everyone that I'm D. Todd's grandson so then I tell them exactly how many days he has left.  We're just a barrel of laughs.  I don't have to worry about earthquakes, tsunami's, or tornados here.  Instead we have the heat waves.  97 degrees with 100% humidity makes it 107 (Thats just today) Its going to get a lot hotter in the next two months.  I'm going to need more mesh garments.  I've also decided that for the rest of the summer I'm probably going to be shaving all the hair off my body.  Its that hot.  I'm losing more weight by walking than I ever did back home.
 
You still haven't sent me Tyson and Brigham's email addresses yet.  Try and get me Shon Tomadakis' email too if you can.  I was thinking the other day.  Its going to be so cool when all of us get home and we can sit down and talk about the missions.  So many cool and diverse stories about a lot of diverse places.  India, Nashville, Little Rock, Chile, Peoria, Equador, Rochester, Ballmore I MEAN Baltimore, and many more to come.  Who knows where Klynton and Devon are going to go.  Camp Fire Stories!  Woot woot!.  Of course Leslie, Tyson, and Brigham are going to be talking in Spanish so that nobody can understand them! (Angry eyes) It'll be awesome though.
 
So we have another person on date.  We were talking to this guy who was coming out of a hangover (Yeah.  Weird) and his neighbor Slyvia was sitting there with us.  She asked us if she could have a Book of Mormon and I said sure and gave her one.  As soon as I handed it to her she turned to this guys other neighbor and said, "Thats right.  I'm going to become a Mormon."  I asked her when she wanted to be baptized and she said as soon as possible.  So we set a date.  All of this took about five minutes.  As we're leaving I turn to Elder Garfield who had been talking to Erik this guy who was coming out of his hangover and said, "We put Sylvia on date by the way."  He stopped dead in his tracks and was like, "Wait.  What?"  I said, "Sylvia.  She's on date for baptism."  If we weren't in public he probably would have done a back flip.  It was exciting.  She's also the first person I've ever put on date for baptism.  Now we just have to teach her the lessons more in depth.
 
The gospel is true now matter what eyes you're looking through.  Thats why so many people find comfort in it and why so many others are afraid to accept it.  This is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment