Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011


The new area is awesome.  I'm very excited for Chase and Kayla.  It took them long enough.  I haven't gotten the box yet.  It arrived at the Perry Hall apartment.  Hopefully I'll get it before the end of this transfer.  For letters people should just send them to the mission office.  That way they can just forward them to me and I don't have to worry about them ending up in limbo.
The area I'm in is called Hagerstown.  Its has quite the Civil War History here, but I'm studying the Gospel.  Not U.S. History.  I still have some books on Church History that I need to send home.  The area is very beautiful.  Much more green than my last area.  I like it here.  The ward members are nice.  By the way.  I'm now living with a friend of Tyson and Teancum.  Elder Nathaniel Heywood.  He trained my trainer too.  So he's my mission grandfather.  He's happy to hear that Utah State is holding Teancum's Scholarship till after his mission and that Tyson has finally hit the field.
It sounds like there is a lot going on.
We just had four investigators come to Sacrament meeting.  They felt a little out of place, but they adjusted.  Next week will be better.  The ward members all felt guilty when they didn't come up and talk to them.  Are you taking good care of the missionaries?  I hope so.  Do I need to remind you that referrals from the members are the best way for missionaries to do the work?  Colton can testify to that.
One thing that I've come to cherish is the testimony of church members past and present.  It is upon their testimony that we've been able to build it up to what it is now.  We're at 14,131,467 members and still growing.  A testimony of one person can influence thousands.  Share it.  Bare it.  Live it.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
"Feed my sheep."

No comments:

Post a Comment