Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011

So my time in the Perry Hall Area is coming to a close.  I'm getting Transferred to a new area tomorrow.  I've grown very attached to the people here.  Probably too attached.  We've seen many miracles begin to occur here and now I have to leave before they come to full realization.
 
While teaching Danielle she's come to realize that many of the things that she wants in her life she can find in our church.  If only it had happened a couple of days after a Jehovah's Witness decided to attack us while we were on the way to some appointments.  He proceeded to tell us that there is no way the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints could be the true church.  He told us that we're Satan Worshippers because many of us are in cooperation with the United States Government.  He called us Satanic because we have Soldiers in different armies.  Right before we left I told him that I love our Soldiers and that I love fighting.  I'm proud to have been in some form a Warrior.  Elder Davis and I were infuriated as we went through the rest of our day.  That night when we got to the Stake Center for some work we were doing I decided to kill some time by watching Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration.  While watching it I was finally calmed.  This man attacking us because of our faith strengthened my Testimony of having a Prophet in these Latter Days.  The need of one has never been more necessary.  People have been blinded by the subtle craftiness of men.  If you love the Lord.  Then feed his sheep.  Help these people to see the truth.  If they tell you that God will allow you to believe a lie then just bear your testimony to them and leave them behind.  Its the best thing to do.
 
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the Lord's Kingdom restored on the earth.  It has done more to change the world in its time than any other church.  I bear my witness of these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment