Monday, May 9, 2011

May 9, 20011

(We were all so excited to talk to Jess on Mothers Day, that we kept talking about it all night Sunday Night and forgot to send him an email........OOPS>)

What?! No email?! Doesn't anybody love me?!?!?! :(

I'm just kidding.  I know you all love me.  You all told me several times when I was on the phone last night talking to all of you.  How did you like my Baltimore accent.  I'll teach you all the customs and traditions later, but for now I'll just tell you that we had an awesome week this week.  We went to training for three days down in the heart of the Mission.  It was amazing.  Over half the Mission gathered.   I'll tell you right now that if you think LLD or Staff Week for Scout Camps is tough or informative its nothing compared to being at Missionary Training.  Three days of being immersed in Preach My Gospel and the Book of Mormon.  Its like drowning without the water.  But its so beautiful.  The spirit that you feel is so strong that you can't avoid feeling a renewed love of the Savior and the people you're trying to convert.
 
This last week we were able to go see a former investigator who is very Catholic.  We've finally discovered that he just doesn't believe in being baptized again.  He thinks one is enough.  Thats all thats stopping him.  At the end we challenged him to open up his Bible and the Book of Mormon and study Baptism.  He agreed to do it and now we're going back Wednesday to go over it with him.  We feel that if he studies enough about Baptism that he'll realize he needs to do it.  The Spirit was so strong.
 
I know that this Church is true.  I've come to cherish the efforts made by the Prophet Joseph in bringing us to this great stage of enlightenment and I know that everyone can be blessed by the message we carry in our hearts. 
 
"...Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep."  John 21:17
 
Feed his Sheep.
 
Love
Elder Christofferson

Elder Davis and I with Agela and Dakota
Me with Lilo
Morgan (Red Parrott)

No comments:

Post a Comment