Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Okay.  Now I can email.  Its Transfer Day in the Maryland Baltimore Mission.  Missionaries gathered from the four quarters of the earth to find out where they're going and to see the new Missionaries coming in.  I'm staying in Columbia.  I was able to meet Sister Anderson from Lehi though.  She's in Harpers Ferry.  I think thats in Virginia or West Virginia.  My new companion is Elder Dobson from California.  He came out the Transfer after I did.  He enjoys skating and soccer.  Thats all I know about him right now.  I'll be working on more information.  Two weeks is coming up pretty soon.  I got the package from home today.  I just went and picked it up at the office after the transfer meeting so now I can start opening it.  When I found out that I can only open one per day I was excited.  A new present everyday!  Yay!  Elder Dobson has been feeling each present to determine what they are.  When I opened the Cider and Popcorn he thought it was fruit snacks and assorted nuts.  One that I'm supposed to open Christmas day he's determined is a tie and another is a CD.  We'll have to see how correct he is.

I better get a chance to talk to everyone there and Colton had better be there too.  I'll probably call in the evening here so that you have an idea of when to expect the phone call.  Its too tough to guess a certain time though.




It was raining pretty hard the night the Sister Stucki sent you that picture.  We ran half a mile in the rain to catch Brother Stucki for dinner and we hit three or four puddles that were each a few inches deep.  It was one of the best nights we ever had.  We ended up wearing Brother Stucki's sweats while our clothes were drying.

The Zone Conference Talent show was good.  I told the story of Rindercella.  I was the hit for our talent show.  I'm going to try figuring out how to do that to Twas the Night Before Christmas.  Elder Dutson recorded my talent.  Have Kadee write him and ask him.  Tell her to send the letter to the Mission Home.  We haven't set goals yet.  I don't think we have a Mission Blog.

I do have a Christmas Tree.  Elder Dutson left his behind.

Fonne was placed in a Hospice last week.  Elder Dutson and I were able to go over and give the family members a blessing because he isn't expected to live much longer and they just wanted some comfort.  I was able to tell them about Grandpa and it opened them up to us.

I want to bear you my testimony of the Birth of Christ.  If he wasn't born then he wouldn't have died and there would have been no resurrection.  Can you imagine that?  Think about it.  He was laid in a manger.  The best place they could find.  It was similar to how his life would be.  A perfect being in an imperfect world and in imperfect surroundings and conditions.  I bear you this witness in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment