Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday August 20, 2012

 I've finally reached that phase in my mission where I'm starting to feel a little worn out.  I feel like a baby about it though because this last week I met a man who's been a Branch President here for ten years.  Talk about burned out.  He was called when the Branch was first formed and has done it since then.  Did I mention that everyone in Virginia is just a Good ol Boy or Gal?  That's what everyone out here is like.  I love Virginia.  MOST people are polite here.  Except for the media referral we got one day.  We went to see him and as soon as I stepped out of the car he said, "You can get back in that car and drive off my property."  I told him who we were looking for then he said the same thing.  Both times in probably the most colorful language I've heard while as a Missionary.  Oh well.  There must be opposition in all things.  If there wasn't, righteousness couldn't be brought to pass in this life.  One of these days he'll come to understand though.  Other than him this place has some very polite people.

Dang.  I was hoping that my Christmas Present when I got home would be an iPhone 4s.  Just kidding.  I'll buy my own phone once I save up enough money for it.  Thanks mom.  If you find any information about room mates let me know so that I can have my contacts pull up background information on them.  I want to know if I'm going to be rooming with any possible serial killers.  Just kidding.  But for real.  Let me know.

If you buy a car.  Don't buy it from the Missions in the church.  They may be sold cheap, but they've had so much stop and go traffic that its a terrible car.

Sister Richards takes a lot of pictures.  I think its because she's a mom and that's what she does.  We'll have to see about me ending up in more pictures.  I can't make any promises though.

So I've found out that Horse owners in Maryland and Virginia are haters.  They keep referring to Arabians as "the Brainless Wonders".  Just because they're more intelligent than the owners and trainers.  Oh well.  I met a lady who has some show horses.  She likes to pick on me for dad's family owning and training Arabs in the past.

I don't have any cool stories to tell this week, but I will close with my testimony.

I know that this church is true.  No doubt about it.  I testify of the Savior.  I testify of Apostles and Prophets.  I know this church and its members hold the priesthood.  I testify of these things in the name of the savior.  Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment