Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday August 6, 2012

I haven't been able to get any good pictures to send home yet in this area because we're always in a hurry and rarely do we ever stop for anything.  I think we stop to eat and sleep, but I can't remember half the time.   I haven't been able to do any kata lately, because my companion is on this tennis kick right now and you can't really play tennis by yourself.

This last week was a blessing though.  We were able to find and teach three new investigators.  The first is a guy named Merlin.  He went to church two weeks ago with the Missionaries in Berryville.  They weren't able to give him a Book of Mormon so he just downloaded it onto his phone.  By thursday when we taught him he said, "I haven't gotten very far yet.  I think my next book is Enos."  We were in shock.  Five day and already on the book of Enos.  The next one was a referral from some members from England.  His name is Nathan.  Nathan is dating a less active member and says that he wants to get married to her in a church so he suggested hers.  Not realizing that she was doing missionary work she said that they couldn't be sealed until a year after he was baptized.  He said, "Well lets hurry.  I want to go as soon as possible."  We were in shock again.  The last one was a guy named Jim.  He'd met with missionaries once before, but then went on a road trip for a couple of weeks.  When he got back we called him up.  Taught him the Restoration, invited him to be baptized and he said yes.  It was an awesome week.  Many blessings were received.

Don't worry about me getting sick.  It happens about once a month during the winter months, but I'm able to push through it usually.

I want to close with my testimony.  I know that Missionary Work is the lifeblood of the kingdom.  We give up our families for two years so that others can have theirs for eternity.  God the Father and Jesus Christ live.  They watch over us.  I testify of Prophets alive.  Not just something to be thought of as outdated and of the past.  I know these things of myself.  I know them by the Spirit.  I testify of them in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment