Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011


Its tough to hook up a disposable camera to the computer and email pictures home.  I'm still working on that.  I only take pictures when I think the situation is cool or funny.  I'll send some as soon as I can.
 
Details on me.  Okay so I've been in Hagerstown for a while now.  I've mostly been trying to find ways to work harder and smarter at the same time.   Lately I've been studying the fundamentals of Preach My Gospel.  Mostly on feeling the Spirit.  Thats the toughest thing to do when teaching a drinker or an addict is feel the spirit.  The little things add up.  Like how messy the apartment is determines whether or not you feel the spirit at all.  So I've been trying to keep it cleaned up.  I may come home OCD.  YOU"VE BEEN WARNED.
 
Kadee often shows wisdom beyond her age.  Pay heed to her.  She may someday teach you more than you taught her.
 
I still haven't taken delivery on my bike yet.  That should be tomorrow or the day after.  They're bringing it down from Ellicott City to our Specialized Training.  I'm still borrowing Elder Gilson's bike.  Which he's okay with because my seat is softer than his.  We've been working on finding people a lot and looking for the quality lessons to teach.  Sister Gammell is having a few difficulties in the Word of Wisdom.  We'll overcome those though.  I'm not too worried.  The Spirit is strong in her home and she loves to hear testimony.
 
We had a miracle this week.  Elder Schwicht and I were riding in a rainstorm.  We decided to pull under some cover of a picnic shelter.  A couple minutes later a man pulled in.  His name is Trust.  We talked with him and gave him a book of mormon and some pamphlets and set up an appointment to see him the same place the next day.  He came back having read the Plan of Salvation, the introduction to the book of mormon, part of 1 Nephi, and part of Alma.  He was filled with really good questions.  We explained it all to him and he told us he'd like to know more...
 
The Spirit directs those who are willing to listen and heed its promptings.  People cross paths at the times the Lord needs them too.  I testify that God directs his servants who are living righteously.  I bear you this witness in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
 
I have a challenge for EACH family member.  Bring a non member to every ward activity, fireside, young mens/womens activity, and sacrament meeting that you attend.  The Missionaries need you.  This is how real missionary work is done.
 
Elder Christofferson
 
"Feed my sheep."

No comments:

Post a Comment