Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday July 5, 2011


I was fine on the 4th of July.  Some members took good care of us.  While we were out a member heard that I want a Mercury Cougar when I get home so he bought me one of the little 1/25 Scale models of the 1969 Mercury Cougar CJ428.  Its a kit so I have to put it together, but hey.  Its part of the R&R of P-Day.  I think I'll paint it with Paisley designs.  Red and black.  Yeah...
 
So another Transfer has ended.  My last companion finished his mission and is now home.  My new companion is named Elder Schwicht from Anchorage Alaska (He was born in North Pole).  He was home schooled for most of his life, but went to some high school.  He's a singer and has a very dry sense of humor.  Probably the driest of anybody that I've met (Beware of implosion).
 
Wanting information is a tricky thing.  I'm so busy that I can't do much looking around for any, but at the same time I don't know how to describe anything except the Origins of the Book of Mormon and how awesome the Burgers at the Basin Drive In are.  Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
 
Elder Motes is in my District.  He's a pretty cool guy.  A very hard working missionary too.  Him and his companion cover two wards and a branch.  They live in a mansion.
 
I haven't taken collection of my new bike yet.  Its a Trek 4300 with front end suspension.  Its one of the two that are recommended for our mission.  I keep checking to see if the payment went through, but my account still reads $599 and I don't dare spend any money in case I have to get some other bike supplies.
 
Thats cool that Cameron left for South Dakota.  I guess if the offer is good enough then you'll do anything.  Maybe he just misses it.
 
I'm excited to hear about the progress Shon is making.  He's a rockstar missionary.  I dragged him in and introduced him to my District in the MTC.  They all loved him.  The Sisters thought he was a cute kid and they're proud he's serving a mission.  Tomadakis boys.  They get so much attention.

I'm going to choke Colton.  He didn't email and tell me before you did.  Oh well.  At least he'll be there for my temple wedding even though I won't be there for his.  But he better be there to pick me up when I get home.  Lets not talk about that though.
 
I had a feeling someone in the family was injured.  Didn't know who though.
 
I have been trying to keep a journal.  I'm not very good at it.  I'm going to tell my companion to make sure that I write in my journal every night till I get the habit down.
 
This last week we were able to teach Sister Gammell again.  She's slowly learning to recognize the spirit and be able to rely on it.  We had her watch one of the greatest Conference talks of all time.  Elder Holland's Safety for the Soul.  Great talk.  She said that she felt the spirit so strongly as she watched it that it just filled her.  She was a little disturbed by Elder Holland, but she is trying to put that behind her and trust the Lord.
 
I want to bear you my testimony.  That the Spirit works in miraculous ways.  It gives us knowledge and understanding that we cannot gain through any amount of worldly study.  Its amazing how the spirit helps us to feel full.  To know what we do not.  I bear this witness in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
Elder Christofferson
 
"Feed My Sheep..."

No comments:

Post a Comment