Monday, July 18, 2011

July 19, 2011

The Pizza party.  We were trying to have a loaves and fishes situation.  Apparently God didn't want us to so one of us ended up paying.  Part of our district wanted to go to dinner one night and Pizza Hut has an all you can eat buffet.  We didn't know that its only for a couple of hours at lunch time though.  Everyone started getting disappointed so I stepped up and requested a table and payed for dinner that night.  Now that I'm out of money no more paying for them.  Don't worry.  I have plenty of food at the apartment to live off of for the rest of the month.
 
Wow.  Utah needs some blessings.  You think they'd be protected and all having the MTC, Church Headquarters, the General Authorities.  Just kidding.  Thats unfortunate.  I'll keep them in my prayers.  Are Colton and Cameron doing okay?
 
I'm happy to hear that Dad and Matt are getting some R&R.  Hopefully dad gets his job.  I'll keep praying for him.
 
I did take collection of my new Wheels.  Its a Trek 4300.  Aluminum frame.  26" wheels.  24 gears.  I'll take lots of pictures.  You might not like it though.  I've wrapped the frame in plastic wrap and duct tape to keep it looking nice.  I'll take a picture when I replace the wraps in three months so that you can see what it looks like.  So far its been getting me around quite nicely.  I'll be a biking fool when I get home you wont be able to keep me pinned down.  Better start getting in shape because you're all coming with me.  You have two years to prepare.  You've been warned family.
 
We haven't been able to meet with Trust.  Stupid Satan hid his phone and we've been calling, but he wont answer or he hasn't found it.  He has our number though and we hope to hear from him soon.  Sister Gammell has finally worked up enough resolve to live the Word of Wisdom.  We were on the verge of fasting for her, but it appears that she didn't need it.  She's still on date for the 30th.
 
Okay.  So cool story for the week.  We went over to Katy Jones house. (Mom you talked to her on the phone a couple of times) Katy is a recent convert.  She read the Book of Mormon in three days and was baptised two weeks later.  Her dad had called us up to come help him work on their house.  He was installing electrical wire.  I said to myself "Self!  I know how to do that!"  So we go over and we have to monkey climb into the upper floor wich isn't connected by any doors to the rest of the house.  My companion now has to crawl down the chimney to get to the Wire.  Katy's dad had dropped it down there.  We get the wire run no problem.  He fed us pizza and we were going to share the restoration with him.  He's Lutheran, but he's so disgruntled by other churches that he almost wants nothing to do with them.  He hates the hypocrisy in the churches.  We have to be delicate about this situation, because Katy's dad can be set off by anything at a moments notice.  We just bore testimony and the Spirit that I felt was so powerful that he has to have felt the truth of what we teach.
 
I know that Christ lives.  Not lived.  I know that God sends mortal men and women with angelic messages.  I know that Joseph Smith was called to restore this church and everytime we do something for good he see's it and it chisels his sacrifice and great example that much deeper into the stone of eternity.  I bear my solemn witness of this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
"Feed my sheep..."
 
Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment