Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday October 24, 2011


Just to let everyone know.  When you come to the east coast on a vacation or something...BRING A GPS.  You can get lost really quickly.  I've had one since my first area and am grateful that I got it.  It seems that a lot of you went on vacations in the last couple of weeks.  Sounds like fun.  Hope you all were safe and weren't crushed by stampedes of camels (or in the case of the east coast stink bugs).

I just want to say that I love my mission and I love my area.  People here are so much more polite than the last two.  Nobody honks at us or yells at us.  The doors that we knock on always have a polite person behind it.

In case you haven't heard yet I've lost my driving privileges in the mission.  I got rear ended during a rainstorm a couple of weeks ago and it cost the church over $18,000.  The other car had a quarter panel partially ripped off and the other insurance company decided that they wanted to total the car when they could have replaced it for cheaper than totaling the car (at least thats what our vehicle coordinator tells me).  Turns out that if you get into an accident that costs more that $1,500 you lose the opportunity to drive while on a mission.  Fortunately nobody got hurt.  This gives me time to renew my license before I come home.  Mine expires a couple of weeks after I get back and at that season the DMV will probably be closed down.

So thats been the headache of some of my weeks.

On a happier note we've found some new investigators with some really interesting concerns.  One suffers severe depression, one has deep doctrinal questions, and the other is slightly special needs.  But we love them all and are happy to be helping them learn more.

I'm so happy to be a missionary in this Mission.  We have great members, exceptional missionaries, and the greatest Mission President ever.  I know that I'm here working with them because of the lords great influence.  I testify of his divine influence in all things that go on in this life.  I do so in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

P.S.  So how is everyone doing at home?  I haven't gotten any updates on much of the family.  How is Kent and Missy and family?  Bart and Leann?  Scott and Linda?  EVERYONE!!!  By the way.  I HATE playing sports every P-Day.  Its driving me crazy.  One of our Zone Leaders is a dictator and says that the ENTIRE Zone has to play on Mondays.  There is a lot of history and sites in the area that I want to see, but wont unless he's transferred.  I just go along because one of our AP's biceps are as big as my head.  Elder McMaster benches 345lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment