Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday January 9, 2012

So here is the video for you all to watch and think of who to share it with this week whether it be a member of the church or not. Active or inactive. Friend, family, or stranger. http://mormonchannel.org/mormonmessages?v=1289877050001

I know that you hate short emails, so here's to trying to make them longer. So today is our P-Day. We played a few games as a district today. Elder Heywood went home in time to start school so there isn't as much sports going on anymore. We had lunch at Chick Fil A. Which is one of my favorite fast food places. There is a member family taking Elder Dobson and I bowling for our birthdays. His is on January 19th so we're having a joint party. Sister Hutchison fed us last night and we had one of my new favorite meals. Chicken Enchiladas. With one of my favorite desserts. Apple Crisp. Sister Hutchison is so awesome. She said that you sent her something for my birthday, but it wasn't there yet. She told me that she'd call when it arrives so that I can come see it. It was an awesome meal to break our fast with. A fast for gratefulness in achieving the success that we had. The mission decided not to ask for anything in our fast, but to do it out of gratitude for the blessings that we received this year.

I'm happy to hear that Darius and Jaelyn finished Jay's temple work. Its good to have that done and taken care of and not to be able to move onto the next person. I had a dream a few nights ago that the same night I was being released from my Mission, Dad was ordained a high priest and that he was the first person called to be a Sealer in the Payson Temple. Probably just a dream, but that would be cool. Did you realize that only a General Authority can call Temple Sealers? President Belliston told us that because he was called to be a temple Sealer the year before he was called to be a Mission President. They also can only perform sealings for that temple that they are called to unless they have a direct descendant thats getting sealed then they have to have permission from the First Presidency if not President Monson himself to seal one of they're children outside of the temple they're called to. Kind of interesting isn't it?

I can't wait till I get home and get to go teach with the Missionaries. I'm excited. If you do a good job with letting them teach you then you should go volunteer at the TRC or Teaching Referral Center in the MTC (I know. Lots of Acronyms). The missionaries need people to teach there so that they can have a full experience.

You'll have to let me know where Teancum ends up going. I'm so excited for him. I wish I could have been there to help him the way Colton and Cameron were for me. Oh well. I'll get to help someone prepare. Thats all that I really want to do is make sure the next missionary is ready.

Dont get fired from Visiting Teaching this time. If I can preach the Gospel everyday for two years then you can be a visiting teacher. I'm going to be a 100% Home teacher when I get home.

Okay. Now for a story. Its about Ms. Marjorie Edwards. So a few weeks ago we were emailing here at the library in Columbia. Elder Dobson was sitting next to this lady named Marjorie who is trying to figure out how to use a flash drive. She asked for help and he did just that. He helped her out. Then he taught her the Restoration. It was like whiplash. They had a discussion. He committed her to coming to church, reading the Book of Mormon, and then she said a prayer while sitting right there. A few weeks have gone by and we've taught her the rest of the lessons. She's decided to be baptized on January 21. A few days before the end of our current transfer. Marjorie was a lady that was prepared for us to meet. She loves the church and everything we teach. She's been soaking everything up. She studies the Book of Mormon like she grew up in the church. Marking verses, pages, and lines. Writing down questions and the answers that she finds to them. We'd been looking for ways to improve the work in the area and since we met Marjorie we do everything that we can think of. Nobody passes us by without us handing them a pass along card or a pamphlet. Work progresses is different ways around here. President knew that he was supposed to send us here and we were to find out why.

I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is the savior of the world. His atoning sacrifice can make up all our losses is we repent and take his name and his yolk upon us. His priesthood has been restored. It exists nowhere else. Joseph Smith is the man who restored the fullness of the gospel. Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's spokesman on the earth. Of this I bear witness in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment