Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

Me opening my birthday present

Elder Burton was my first District Leader. My first Transfer in the mission was his last as District Leader before going to Zone Leader for several months. Then he became an Assistant to the President. He's an awesome guy. He'll go far in life, I have no doubt.

Mary Crafts is an amazing woman. It doesn't surprise me that she'd marry an amazing guy. I just hope he can keep up with her exciting personality. I'm glad you went to church. Deciding not to can make all the difference in our spiritual light and reception of God's truth.

Has anyone in the family watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration yet? Here's a possibility for a future Family Home Evening. http://mormonchannel.org/joseph Its a good one.

I can't wait to see Braxton when I get home. I bet he's grown a ton. I wont be able to keep up with him I bet. I hope he gets used to me when I'm there.

Brother Loop got the wood. His wife said that he was like a kid in a candy store when he opened the box because the wood was the exact size it needs to be to make pens. Did dad cut it for him? He's excited to start turning it. He honestly wasn't expecting dad to send him that much. Remind dad to send me the Karate stuff and to stop being a slacker.

I did like the Silver and Gold. I wear the ring everyday now. A few ward members and missionaries have asked about it and I get the chance to use it as a teaching tool. Joseph Smith was an amazing man and great prophet. I'm reading Daughters in our Kingdom. Pretty inspiring work the relief society. The socks fit just fine. I'm going to be throwing out all my old pairs now so that my drawer isn't overstuffed and I don't have as nasty of socks. Still need a neon green, yellow, and orange paisley ties. They're the only ones I'm missing now.

My heart goes out to the youth on trek. The womens pull is the most emotional and spiritual part of trek. I heard countless stories of it in Hagerstown. The young men said that they were in physical pain not being able to help. Strange how people have to go through that. I you can get ahold of a copy of Only a Stone Cutter I recommend that you watch that for family home evening sometime. Its a good movie also.

I'm glad to hear that Shon is doing well. I remember seeing him in the MTC. It was good to see a familiar face. It happened more often than not. A few kids I went to high school with were there also. Fun stuff. He's going to be a great leader while out and when he gets home.

I don't have many stories to report this week. We're looking for people to teach right now. We know that as long as we're doing everything possible to find then we will. I have faith that the Lord will guide us to who is ready or who is ready to us. It always happens.

I bear you my solemn testimony that this work is true. That this is Christ's Church. That he call prophets ans apostles to lead and guide his children and that we can find happiness as we act upon their word. I promise you this in the name of our Lord and Saviour. Jesus Christ. Amen.


Elder Dobson and I with Marjorie and Bishop Krewson
"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

P.S. I'm putting some pictures on this one.
Me with Coach Crowton, the former head coach for BYU football and his family
Elder Dobson and I with Cheryl from mormon.org.
Elder Dobson and I with Sister Boward. She made Elder Dobson and I
the blankets we're wrapped in and then we made one for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment