Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Monday June 11, 2012

 I love the boldness of little children.  Sometimes I wish I was that bold in my mission.  But I am pretty bold in my teaching.  "The Spirit will not testify of phoniness." -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland "Sometimes not being bold is being phony." -Elder Jess Christofferson.

It sounds like you had many wonderful experiences on trek.  Tell Andrew not to be a punk and to save the video for when I get home.  Then I'll check it out.

This week was pretty interesting in a few ways.  We found a pair of sisters to teach named Ashley and Brittany.  Their uncle is a pastor in D.C. so we knew that once he found out that they were meeting with us and thinking about being baptized he was going to jump on it and try to indoctrinate them against the church.  Hopefully we were able to teach powerfully enough to prevent that.

We haven't heard from Abram or Mira in a little while so we're still praying for them to have a mighty change of heart.  Mira isn't on date yet, but we're still praying for her.  We'll have to see what happens though.

At 18 months you burn a pair of pants.  Thats how I'll celebrate.

So I guess I don't have much to report on this week except how jealous I am that I couldn't go on Trek and feel the amazing spirit that you did.  I guess I'll just have to have my own amazing experiences out here. (You can't see it, but I'm sticking my tongue out at you while I'm typing this) So the pictures are of me in my bed and also Ray Morley when he was a Bishop in Salem.  Ray sent out the Severn Ward's High Priest Group Leader on his mission to Japan back then.  Small world.  You should show that to Ray and tell him.

Martins Cove really can be a Temple of Faith.  When we look at experiences in our lives and places we're at when we feel the spirit we can identify an almost innumerable number of Temples of Faith.  You see the church constantly trying to build temples everywhere.  Why don't we try to build Temples of Faith everywhere so that we don't have to feel completely and totally bombarded by the world around us.  We can put up our own spiritual safe house.

I testify that Jesus is the Christ.  The son of the Living God.  He was sacrificed for our sins.  So that we may attain eternal life.  I know that he guides his church today.  I shall know it always.  I may not ever know it any better than I do now though.  I leave this testimony of his love with you in his Holy and Sacred name.  Even Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment