Monday, July 30, 2012

July 15, 2012 (Late Entry)


Yes.  New state.  I'm in one of the most Redneck areas of the mission...I fit right in.  After all.  I am from Spanish Fark!  I said that the night that I met the Bishop and he nearly had a nervous break down.  I also found out that Ecclesiastical leaders hold huge pull in the south.  I'm in the south!  Take that Cameron and Tyson.  I got a chunk of it too.  I also found out that Tyson is serving in the mission where President Richards' (Our new mission president) dad was mission president and he was living in Peoria Illinois when his dad received that call!  So many divine rendezvous.  I've gotten over the bitterness of the circumstances of my transfer.  "Come what may, and love it."  Its a good talk given by Joseph B. Wirthlin.  My commitment to all of you is to go back and watch it again.

I don't have pictures this week, but I should be sending you some next.  I'm in one of the most beautiful parts of the country.  The Shenandoah Valley.  Look it up.

Still hate seafood.  Not gonna touch it.  I tried crab once, but that's because you can't go to Maryland without trying it.

There is one aquarium in Baltimore.  The bay is too disgusting to see anything in.  You could go trolling and find a diaper, dead body, dead shark, or dead alligator. (The first two are actually accurate) We have a Zoo also, but its nothing compared to the national zoo though so everyone says that the national zoo is much more worth it.

That's awesome for Cahill.  We don't have much for the Rodeo out here, but we do have Rednecks and spicy relish. (I'll send you some) Nuff' said.  They say that the relish is so hot that they have to store it in plastic bins because it'll eat a hole in metal.

We were able to have a baptism on saturday.  An 18 year old kid named Jason Sours.  He's dating a member. (Flirt to convert, go figure)  Now he wants to serve a mission, but girlfriend says no.  We're working on it.  It was amazing to see that the gospel changed a kid like Jason.  I've only heard bits of his past, but he experienced a mighty change of hear unto conversion.

I know this work changes lives.  It brings about the greatest good in the world.  It is the Lords work and he is moving it forward.  We are all blessed to be a part of it.  You don't have to be perfect people, because the gospel you participate in already is perfect.  Of this I bear humble testimony.  In the sacred name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment