Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday July 3, 2012

So I'm starting a new Diet.  Yes.  I said diet.  Nobody fall out of your chairs.  Its not the end of the world.  The diet is called D&C 89.  The Word of Wisdom.  Elder Rebaza and I were talking to a member who said that they were going to take the Word of Wisdom literally and in a year 1 had lost 100 lbs and the other lost 25 lbs (He's a marine so he's already skinny).  They said that if you eat a strictly plant based diet for a year you can lose an average of 100 lbs in that year.  So Elder Rebaza and I decided that we're going to try it.  I've gone vegetarian for six months and I want to see what happens.  If it works I'll keep doing it.

I thought about not emailing you till next week, but decided that that would be cruel and unusual punishment.  Our library near where we live is without power so we had to come down to Annapolis to email.  The Mini storm knocked out power all across Severn.  The Moses Family who just moved here from Idaho had to come stick everything in our freezer because they had no power.  It was cool though.  We were able to help out at least one family.

I'm attaching pictures for you also.  We have four full size watermellons at our house.  Well three now.  Elder Rebaza and I ate an entire one yesterday.

A cake made by Sister Seger in our ward.  It was delicious.  My last non plant part of my diet before I started yesterday.

And last.  A 72 Chevy Impala we found.  Some guy bought it a few years ago.  Painted it and stuck it in storage.  When he pulled it out recently it was practically mint.  A couple paint problems and he just dropped a 350 in it.  A little small of an engine, but a cool paint job.


We just met President and Sister Richards today and their 16 year old son McKay and their 13 year old daughter Josie.  President Belliston is now gone.  He was awesome.  Nobody will be able to replace him, but hopefully President and Sister Richards will be able to do something new for us that President Belliston couldn't do.

I want to bear my testimony that the leaders in our church are called by God.  They are the ones chosen to fill their positions for a reason.  They aren't always the most qualified for the job, but the job is qualified for them.  I testify of the love of the Savior.  His atonement is infinite.  I testify of living Prophets and Apostles.  To my loved ones I declare as have so many others before me, "The Heavens are not closed."  Think about that.  I bear this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment