Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday July 23, 2012 (yes, another late entry)



"This Viginia.  Where we rai rednecks, pull out their teef, giv em' lil reb flags and send em' on their way.  At the six mon reunion we giv em' their racin tattoo and Ernhart beer mug."  The Ward Mission Leader told me that this week.  If you'd like it in modern english, "This is Virginia.  Where we raise rednecks, pull out their teeth, give them a little rebel flag, and send them on their way.  At the six month reunion we give them their racing tattoo and #3 beer mug."  I love Virginia.  Its so redneck.  Or FRedneck as some call it (Front Royal Redneck).  You can't drive more than a mile in any direction without running into farm land.  Most of them are Vineyards.  Everyone has a desire to own a winery...including the members.  Don't try arguing it with any of them because you'll get the same answer. "My soil is different than the one on the next hill over so my wine will taste different."  The members out here remind me of President Shephard.  Just a bunch of Gool ol' boys.  Especially Rusty Stickly and Brother Sweeny the Ward Mission Leader.

No.  You didn't tell me that someone donated money for a new stadium.  We use mormon.org all the time.  I wish more family members would hurry up and make links already.  I'm getting tired of showing Mom and Kadee all the time.

This is the most beautiful area in the western region of our mission.  Annapolis is probably the most beautiful in the east because there are little bay inlets scattered throughout the city.  I think its awesome out here in the west.  I'll have to take some pictures of the scenery to show you.  It would be cool to spend some time in West Virginia, but I'll take what the Lord gives me.  "Come what may, and love it."

By the way.  Went and played football and soccer for an hour and a half today.  I'm beat.  But I'm running faster and further than I ever could before.  I love football.  When we come back to visit in the future we'll have to go to a Ravens game with the Hills in the Chesapeake Ward.  She's the Executive Secretary for Under Armor and they are die hard Ravens fans.  Mormon Night at Camden Yards is on August 10th.  I need to find a black and orange paisley tie to show some Oriole pride.  THIS IS BIRDLAND!!!  I'm in a really good mood today if you couldn't tell.

President and Sister Richards are awesome.  They definitely are different.  And technically they only take care of 120ish missionaries.

I don't have very many cool stories to share this week, except that our youth went on Trek in this ward (God is taunting me now).  I heard stories about how or recent convert of now one week this last Saturday went on Trek and just amazed everyone.  Every time his family got their hand cart to a resting spot he was the first to ran back to the next cart and start pushing it till they caught up.  Then he'd go back to the next one.  Then the next one till the last cart had arrived.  After the last cart had made it, he'd go pick up the handle to his own cart and start going again.  At the end of everyday of Trek he'd pass out from sheer exhaustion then get up the next morning and do it all over again.  15 youth had to leave Trek because of either heat exhaustion or heat stroke.  One from pneumonia.  Jason (Our Recent Convert) didn't complain once.  Not till he got back.  "Those carts were heavy.  They weighed 700lbs."  Thats what he said.  Then we found out that that was their weight when empty.  I heard many testimonies on prayer on sunday from leaders and youth.

I too have a testimony of prayer.  It is the most pure form of communication with our father.  He wants to hear from us and we should speak to him.  I bear testimony of the Father and the Son.  They live.  They watch over us always.  I bear testimony of the Restoration and living Prophets.  I do so in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment