Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday August 15, 2011



I've been reading from my Patriarchal Blessing at least once a week.  Its amazing how much more you can learn from it when you study it often.  A woman who was converted to the church and raised her family in the heart of the Mission Field refused to read her Patriarchal Blessing because of a promise that was in it.  It said that if she was faithful to the church she would see the day her parents would be baptized.  The promise terrified her.  When her daughter returned from her Mission her was able to teach the Missionary Lessons to her grandparents and invite them to be baptized.  When they were baptized it took this return sister Missionary's father and brother in the font to do it because of how frail these two elderly family members were.  They were sealed in the temple a year later and they passed away a short time after that.
 
 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have amiracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to bclaim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men?
 For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him willacleave unto every good thing; wherefore he badvocateth the cause of the children of men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens.
 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have aangelsceased to minister unto the children of men.
 For behold, they are subject unto him, to minister according to the word of his command, showing themselves unto them of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of agodliness.
(Moroni 7:27-30)
 
I'm glad to hear that Bart is doing well.  That's great he's been released back to work.  He's a tough one.  I'm sure he'll continue to improve and do well.  I hope he's carrying around pass along cards to hand out as he's on the road.  You should too.  Have you made your mormon.org profile yet?
 
Colton.  That little punk.  He hasn't emailed me in a long time.  I keep pestering him, but I haven't heard a response.  I did get the wedding anouncement though. 


I'm sure Kadee is depressed about summer ending.  She'll handle it like a champ though.  She always does.  I'm so proud of her.  Now to just get her on a Mission (Not likely to happen, but thats my goal).  NEW SUGGESTION!!!  No getting into serious relationships with nonmembers unless they take the Missionary Lessons.  Nonmembers don't have to get baptized, but they have to take the lessons.  Just so they know a little more about her and her beliefs.  Sounds fair to me.
 
I'm glad that Dal was able to take grandpa out.  Has Dal stepped up to help out with him more often?  I'll do what I can for him when I get home too.  I know that there are several church members out here who would like the help of family to get to church.  The only downside is that either they're the only members of their family who are members of the church or they're family is so far away that nobody can help them.
 
Have fun in Six Flags.  Dont forget your testimony while you're out there.  Tell Kerry happy birthday for me.  Don't worry about taking me with you.  I'm having lots of fun out here.  Besides.  In two years it'll be my turn to show you around.  Maryland is awesome.  And of course the men will get to go to the Winchester Rifle Company in West Virginia (Its in our mission boundries).  There are a lot of awesome places out here even if we don't have a lot amusuement parks.  We're near the Antietam Battlefield also.  Its a battle that affected the entire world.  I also found out the origin of sideburns.  Long story.  Tell ya some other time.
I'm sure Kadee is depressed about summer ending.  She'll handle it like a champ though.  She always does.  I'm so proud of her.  Now to just get her on a Mission (Not likely to happen, but thats my goal).  NEW SUGGESTION!!!  No getting into serious relationships with nonmembers unless they take the Missionary Lessons.  Nonmembers don't have to get baptized, but they have to take the lessons.  Just so they know a little more about her and her beliefs.  Sounds fair to me.


This week we were able to find a new investigator named Felicia.  She's an avid reader of the Bible and when she was given a Book of Mormon (The Spanish Missionaries found her) she just ate it up.  We went over to see her last night and we went through 1st Nephi 1 with her.  She wants to come to church on sunday.  So we gave her all the information she needs.  I've also discovered that people love the Gospel Art Book.  I carry it around everywhere we go teaching now.
 
 
The gospel is the greatest thing ever.  Its simple enough for children, but deep enough for a scholar.  Joy can always be found within it.  I testify that these things are true in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
"Feed my sheep..."
 
Elder Christofferson


No comments:

Post a Comment