Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 23, 2012

Sounds awesome. Teancum will be a fine missionary. I'm excited for those boys. Wendy and Shon are going to receive so many blessings now. Double since they have TWO boys on missions. Dang. If only I had a twin or another little brother.
Elder Heywood is my Grandpa in the mission. I love that guy. Is he married yet? He should be by now. He's been home long enough.
 
Colton did email me. I'm excited for him and Molly to start getting stuff ready for me for when I get home and headed to college. I'll be busy at that time. I think I want to go to school full time when I get back. Get it all done and out of the way as fast as possible so that I'll be able to pay for my wife to go to college after that. Or vice versa. Work while she's in school and then go to school while she works. I'm still thinking about going into Marketing and Advertising. I'll talk to President Belliston about it and see what he thinks. Maybe I can get a job out here in DC or Baltimore somewhere after college and then handle things that way. I still don't know where I'll go to college after getting my associates done though. I just don't want to go to BYU or LDS Business College.
Yeah. Called to Serve can be a heart breaker for mom's with Missionaries out.
 
I don't know if they would have that conference out on CD yet or not. I just know that the majority of that Conference was on what we talk about as Missionaries. Shocking isn't it? And at least two Apostles invited the listeners to be baptized over the course of it.
I know you wish they could keep me longer, but I think when the time is up then it'll be time to come home. I don't want to extend. By then it'll be time to move on with my life. President Belliston has never extended the Mission of a Missionary because he understands how important it is for us to become true members of society. The only exceptions he's ever made has been for those who go home for medical purposes and then come back out.
Anyways. I have an interesting story for you. We had two extremes this week. Both on opposite ends of the spectrum. The first was a guy we met today. He decided to take the liberty upon himself to come and say "Hello! I grew up in the church! My parents are active. And I want to tell you everything that you've got wrong." I was shocked to hear that a member who grew up active and in full participation would say such a thing. He proceeded to tell us that we have a clouded and distorted view of salvation and went on to tell us how those whom God has chosen to save truely understand religion, salvation, and the Bible (So many people are hooked on the Bible and only that. Sometimes I think they have a testimony of the Bible and not Jesus Christ) and all things that they must do to live eternally. He told us of many distorted doctrine that he says we have. I couldn't help, but say a silent prayer that his eyes and understanding be opened and enlightened. We encouraged him to go back and read the Book of Mormon again and rekindle his testimony.
The second was when we met Rico. Rico is a pastor from another church. He's a big black man with a busy beard and a bald head (Looks kind of like dad). Through the course of our conversation we came to learn that all he wants to do is be able to talk with others about the gospel and grow in faith together. It was a very spiritual experience we had. Rico had pure intentions of talking with us. Before we left he demanded that we say a prayer. (Keep in mind that prayers in Baltimore are very eccentric) We agreed. A sweet spirit was felt as we parted ways with this man who held us as brothers in faith of Jesus Christ.
I know that god lives and loves all his children. Jesus is the Christ. The savior. These things are available to all and so is Salvation. Never forget that this is his church. I bear you this testimony in him who is our Redeemer. Jesus Christ. Amen.
"Feed my sheep..."
Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment