Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 2, 2012

Do you realize how much Missionaries thrive on mail? Not emails. Mail? Especially from single girls that are in our age range? (HINT HINT!!! Please include pictures) We don't care so much about money, or packages (okay maybe we like packages a little bit and pictures of family), or little gifts here and there. We like mail. Letters. Envelopes. Cards. Stuff like that. Something that can bring a small ray of sunshine to our day to day lives. There are at least five missionaries in our mission that get letters everyday except Sunday (for obvious reasons). Sorry to chew you out right there, but it needed to be said.

Family night. I can't wait to come back to those. Oh. By the way. I may end up going missing for about two and a half months. Missionaries become really spontaneous. Road trips, backpacking across Europe, then church history tours. Lots of stuff to do. Long stories. Tell ya later. The road trip one came from a dream I had to drive from Utah to Maryland and back on motorcycles. I want to do that.
 
I need you to do some research for me. I need to know of any schools that offer degrees in advertising or publicity. I've been thinking about going into that field. I remember doing some advertising for some school activities and I enjoyed it. I'll keep you updated as I go though. I still want to do some stuff with psychology and maybe forensic science.
 
I think one of my favorite talks from Conference was Elder Perry's on missionary work. He always talks about such great things. This Conference felt different than others. It seems a lot of the statements made were very bold and straightforward this time around. More so than usual.
 
After listening to the leaders of the church and especially after Elder Holland's closing comment, "By the way brethren. Its getting late." I've thought a lot about the Doctrine of Christ. The time to act is now. The time to share the Gospel and the Book of Mormon is now. Why would we wait to share this message? Are we afraid? Are we binding our tounges? Are we not remembering the Lord's command and promise to "Open our mouths and they shall be filled."? If we are then its time to repent. Its time to say something. All of you reading this email know someone who is not a member of the church. Open your mouth and invite them to learn of it. I know that as you do so the Lord will soften their hearts and they will explore the words of Eternal Life. Such is my testimony, though it be a simple one. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Elder Christofferson
"Feed my sheep..."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment