Tuesday, September 11, 2012

August 27, 2012

I'm absolutely loving Front Royal.  This is quickly becoming my favorite area.  The women here are the same as the men.  Sister Stickley is probably the sweetest sister in the ward.  I opened the door to her car for her and she said, "Well aint you a right gentleman!"  I said, "Momma raised me to be a gentleman and dad forced me."  "Well thank ya son!" was her response.  I love the people here.

I'm still spoiled and don't have to ride my bike.  I get a car all the time and I'll use it where I can.

I'm not worn out I'm just wearing out.  Maybe this'll put it into perspective.  President Hinckley said that he felt like a sign he saw on a barbwire fence in texas.

Burned out by sun.
Washed out by flood.
Ate out by Jack Rebbits.
Sold out by Sheriff.
Still here.

I feel the same.  And I'm happy to still be here.  D&C 123: 12, 13, 17  says
"12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are ablinded by the subtle bcraftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to cdeceive, and who are only kept from the truth because theydknow not where to find it—
 13 Therefore, that we should waste and awear out our lives in bringing to light all the bhidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—
 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us acheerfully bdo all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the csalvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."

I saw a rebel flag license plate that says "Not hate, herritage" the other day.  It was hilarious.  I wanted it.

My new companion is awesome.  Elder Brown from Ft. St. John British Columbia Canada.  He used to drive a service truck on the Al/Can Highway for people who's tires would blow out.  He likes Jeeping.  I told him that if he comes to visit me in Utah that we'd take him to Moab so that he can see what real Jeeping is like.  He kind of reminds me of KJ.  I'll have to send pictures of him later.  In the Front Royal are we have us and Elder and Sister Carlson who also do a lot of work in a Branch just down the road from us.  We have a total of Six Companionship's in our district.  There is Front Royal (us), Luray (Carlson's), Petersburg (Sisters Walker and Sorenson), Woodstock (Elders Dahl and Holden), Wichester Spanish (Elders Holm and Occasio) and Shenandoah Valley the Zone leaders (Elders Mace and Tiatia)  Its a big district.  Zone Conference is once a quarter.

So we went with the Carlson's to Luray on friday to help them with some Proselyting.  While we were there we got a call from a member who said he had a referral for us.  We went and taught Dave.  It was the most BOLD lesson I've ever taught to anyone, but he understood perfectly what we were talking about and he understood that everything he thought he knew or did about Christianity hung on our lesson.  He said that we flipped his world upside down and that he was going to read the Book of Mormon and find out if we really were telling the truth because he doesn't lie to anyone and he doesn't like being lied to.  I was about to die from sheer terror.  I was thinking, "Oh shoot.  I messed up big time.  I've completely blown our chances of teaching this guy again", but as we were wrapping up our lesson I couldn't help but feel calmed by the spirit and I just knew that I did everything I was supposed to do.  I knew that if I had sugar coated anything to him that he would never find out the truth nor would he want to find out the truth.

I want to bear my testimony that our Father in Heaven is bold with us.  Any other way and we wouldn't get the message.  He tells us what we need to hear and it always works out even if its not what we need to hear.  I know that he loves us enough to hurt us.  We grow from it.  We learn from it.  If we aren't willing to do whats necessary when we're in the situation to do it then God's purposes wont come to pass.  I bear you this in the Holy name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.


Elder Christofferson

"Feed my sheep..."

No comments:

Post a Comment