Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 4, 2012


I knew my anticipated date of release in the MTC.  It was supposed to be for CHRISTMAS DAY.  Thats not the case.  The church doesn't allow Elders to be out for three Christmas'.  They just don't do that.  Instead we go home December 18th.  Does that answer your question?  I need more college details so that I can inform President Richards of whether or not I need to move the date up.  I never told anyone a date because I don't want anyone getting trunky during the last months and weeks of my mission.  Trunkiness is an infection.  I do have one request to make though.  I want to stop at the Church Office Building on the way home from the airport.

There is a missionary in my mission who's little brother is serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Spanish speaking mission also.  Small world.  Very small world.  My current companion's older brother served in Little Rock many years ago.

I know very well the difference between bold and overbearing.  I've met many former investigators who have said they want nothing to do with the church because of overbearing missionaries.  I'm bold when I need to be and I say only what needs to be said.  It does no good telling an investigator "Unless you join this church your life will be hell."  No you tell them "Joining this church is going to bring you such great blessings in your life.  Knowing that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is and was a Prophet will bring eternal happiness for you and your family."  Then you bear testimony of the Savior's love.  I've only ever been overbearing once and because I did that I'll be help accountable because that person threatened the missionaries when they went back later.  You teach boldly because you love them.  Not overbearing because you want a baptism.  Anyone planning on serving a mission who's reading this blog or will read it in the near future better learn that lesson now, because its a hard one to learn once on a mission.

We haven't seen Dave since we met him.  We haven't been able to get down to Luray.

If we're lucky we get to go to the temple before we come home.  Usually those that go home at the beginning of January don't get to because the temple is closed for cleaning.  I might not get to because we'll probably be going to the mission home on a Monday.  We'll have to see what happens though.  I'm honestly trying to take more pictures before I come home.

We hiked to the top of Harpers Ferry yesterday and studied on the Mountain as a Zone.  It was a pretty good hike.  It had a great view.  I'll try to get the pictures the Zone leaders took of the group.  My battery died after a couple of them.

Remind me to give you a copy of the Divine Companionship when I get home.

I'm going to close with my Testimony.  I know that Jesus Christ lives.  That he loves all of us.  I know it because I've felt it.  I'm not a perfect person, but Christ helps me out where he see's that I need it.  Never forget that.  I bear you this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment