Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday September 17, 2012






More Pictures!  I've already repented of the first three so don't worry about it.  The last one is of Elder Brown and I at a Luau we found in Luray.  Its a branch that we go down and help with from time to time.

Its amazing to see an older brother ordain a younger brother to the Melchizedek Priesthood.  I can only imagine what it would be like for a son to do it for his father like Elder Bednar did for his dad.  I don't blame Tyson for not wanting to come home.  Our mission has about four Missionaries with either a sibling or a cousin on a mission in Little Rock Arkansas.  I'm still trying to gather names.  One of them may have been Tyson's companion.  I'll have to email him and find out.  Teancum is still a legend in our mission because of his name.  So many legends in the MBM.

I can't wait to see Braxton again.  I can then go back to being "Uncle Jesse".  Did I tell you that Cooter lives just in our Mission Boundaries?  When I found that out I nearly did back flips.  He goes to Luray a couple of times a week to drive laps at the fair grounds in the General Lee.  Braxton sounds like he's doing awesome.  Everyone asks if I have any nieces or nephews.  I tell them that I have one and that he's awesome.  I love that little guy.

Thanks for checking out housing for me.  I trust that you'll have everything in order.  I've been so overwhelmed with spiritual feelings and experiences this week that its not even funny.

My schedule is never the same from day to day.  This week we did service for two full days.  One was as you can see in the pictures cutting limbs off trees after which we mowed a lawn.  Then saturday we went and moved a deep freeze for our bishop and then moved a couple that is going through a separation.  We had to move both of them out of the house and into different ones.  Very emotionally taxing on the couple and their kids.  This last months we've been so busy that unless we have a dinner with a family we don't get to eat till we get home.  Its a good feeling to be constantly busy.

 I ended up giving that Joseph Smith eternity ring to a less active member in my last who ended up deployed to Afghanistan.  We had taught him a lesson using it when we first met him and got him to come to church for the first time in over twenty years.  The lessons you can apply to different things are so amazing.  I figured that it would be a good reminder to him about what he's looking towards these days.

Anyways.  We've had an interesting week with our investigators.  Jimmy has some trials that have him really stressed out, but we're going over tonight to try and help him through some of them and provide him with a few things to build his faith.  William and Jennifer had to take their two year old daughter in for surgery this week.  She was born with some heart problems and was going in to have them corrected.  We've done more praying for our investigators this week than we ever had before.

I have a testimony of prayer.  We've been the answer to it at least twice this week.  Its been good to know that the Lord called us to do the work that others couldn't.  I've spent many hours this week on my knees and never have I felt so tall and strong than when I turned to our Heavenly Father.  I know that he does hear our prayers and he does answer them.  Of this I humbly testify in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment