Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 10, 2012

Tell Cameron that I'm not trunky.  It sounds like a quote from him.  If you keep talking about trunkyness then I'll end up that way so STOP MENTIONING IT!!!  Jeez.  When will people learn.

I don't know if that date is for sure.  I've been told that by one of my Zone Leaders who is also going home with me.  Okay.  Just got a message from President Richards.  My group does go home December 18.  It'll be strange.  DON"T MAKE ME TRUNKY!!!  No trunky packages!  Kadee and Kayla!  This means you!   I'm told that the people in the church office building bend over backwards for family.  Also Elder Koelliker is coming and I could just write a letter and have him give it to Elder Christofferson for me expressing my desire to meet him after I get home and see what he says.  Ya never know.  Calm down Kadee.  You'll get the chance to meet them someday.  I'm sure of it.  I've been thinking about visiting him from the day that I went in the MTC.  I'd love to meet all of the Apostles, but I don't think that that will ever be possible.  I've met Elder Andersen and Elder Hales already that I know of and can remember.  I've met Elder Allan Packer.  The Eldest son of President Packer.

We were a little affected by the storm.  We mowed a lawn in it.  I'll have to steal Elder Brown's Camera and send you pictures of it.  We looked like drowned dogs.

Anyways.  This week we were able to visit with some great people.  William and Jennifer is an awesome couple.  William used to play on the Defensive Tackle for the Raven's Practice team.  Jennifer is his Fiance.  They're asking us all sorts of questions that link directly back to the Book of Mormon and its given us a unique chance to get them to want to read it.

We've also taught Jimmy.  He was on date for September 22 to be baptized, but we realized that Jimmy has been pushed so much by missionaries that he hasn't wanted it as badly as before.  We were able to sit down and tell him that if he wants it then its his and we were there to help him.  Jimmy asked to move the date back till he finishes to Book of Mormon and learns more about the church.  We putting together the most unique lessons just for Jimmy now.

I know that listening is more important that talking.  I get it now dad.  "Eyes and ears.  The mouth has nothing to do with it."  I wish I'd learned that sooner.  I get to listen to people all day long and learn to understand them.  I know thats how our father in heaven is.  He listens.  I pray that we will be able to learn to listen also.  I bear testimony of the savior.  He lives.  He speaks AND listens.  I know this and testify of it in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment