Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday September 24, 2012 (late entry)

I come to you after a very crazy week and facing an even crazier one this coming week.  Things are changing in our mission more drastically and more rapidly than any of us had ever anticipated.  This last week we were so busy that we missed eating a couple of nights.  Elder Brown and I were so tired that we ended up crashing right after planning instead of doing our usual nightly routines.  This week we have a ton going on.  Dinner with the stake president on the southern border of our area tonight.  I'll be on exchanges with the Spanish Missionaries tomorrow.  Wednesday we have to go out to Petersburg to interview the investigator of the Sister Missionaries and work there all day long by order of President Richards.  Thursday we have Weekly planning till noon.  Lunch with Sister Parish at noon.  We leave for Luray at three and work down there all day long.  Friday Elder Brown goes to leadership training and I'll be working in Berryville all day with Elder Salazar. (Who's brother or cousin is a spanish Missionary in the Little Rock Arkansas mission) Saturday we have a day of service with the ward somehow, except that they're going to the temple that day instead of doing the day of service. (They've been doing service the entire month) Sunday is fast sunday and our chance to slow down.  All I know is that our week is swamped.  Since I'm the District Monkey again I feel like I'm a secretary now.  Scheduling appointments, tracking calendars, following up with members and investigators.  I never want to be a secretary or assistant to an executive EVER.

It did feel good to be in the tree.  Except the boot spikes I was wearing weren't attached tightly enough to my legs so they ended up hurting halfway up the tree.  Then I had to cut the limb and get down without killing myself.  Not easy.  If I did that everyday for a week I'd probably lose about fifty pounds.  Service has been one of my favorite parts of my mission.  I get to help everyone.

President Packer is one of my heroes.  He teaches the doctrine so much more simply and straight forward than most people.  He's a very bold individual.  Which is good in the world today.  It'll be a sad day for many of us when he passes.  But I'm sure the Lord will need him there when that time comes.  I was once told that "Every temple built, weakens Satan's power." Don't know if thats actually doctrine, but I like the sound of it.

 Everyone out here is excited that I'm going to be going to college as soon as I get home.  I heard that when Elder Bednar addressed the Stake Presidents, Bishops, and Branch Presidents of the Wards and Branches within the boundaries of the Washington D.C. North and South and Maryland Baltimore Missions he told them that unless someone within their stewardship hates them they aren't doing their jobs right.  Thats how it is with everyone.  A lesson I've learned time and again is that we should be honest and sometimes that honesty offends someone.  Time to get over it.  Move on.  Git er done. (I hear that phrase more out here than I ever have before) 

Jimmy is doing fine.  He's still a nut, but he's growing.  He still thinks that he needs to know the Doctrine and Covenants forwards and backwards before he gets baptized.  President Richards talked to him about it though. (We had stake conference this weekend) I think Jimmy will be able to overcome his issues though.  I learned a valuable lesson from him this week.  I've heard it before, but for some reason it rang so much more true to me.

Forgiveness is one of the hardest things we'll ever do.  We never want to do it either and many of us just feel that we cant.  "pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"  It is my humble prayer that we all learn to forgive a little bit more.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Post this to the blog also.
Attachments:

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment