Monday, November 5, 2012

October 30, 2012 (late entry)


Hello from the forefront of Hurricane Sandy!  This is Elder Christofferson with your Hurricane update.  The Hurricane has ravaged the majority of the east coast and is currently moving north at a steady rate.  Those in the Northern Virginia are have been able to escape with surprisingly little damage to homes or people.  There are many who's homes lost trees and blocked driveways including a loss of power for brief periods of time, but still no recorded injuries to report.  Back to you!

Okay.  I'm done being an idiot.  I'm fine mom.  We were locked down in our apartment all day yesterday by order of President Richards, but like I said.  We're fine.  I sent you a few pictures.  Elder Dahl and I bored out of our wits and watching church video's on our church provided mini dvd player.  We never lost power to our place.  Today is freezing cold.  We finally had to wear suits since its so cold.  I took one of mine in to get it dry cleaned since it hasn't had it for months.

We're going to be doing a lot of service soon.  No doubt about that.  We've already been called to help out with a couple of downed trees in the coming days.  I'm not going to be able to email long since we have to get going soon.

I want to finish with my testimony though.  I know that the Lord works in everything.  That his will is brought to pass in every situation.  This hurricane brought many people closer together.  I just wish that the storm had hit in the summer so that I could have gone out in it.  I testify that Jesus Christ is our savior.  That he is our Master and our Teacher. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment