Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17,2011

Hello one and all!
 
This is Elder Christofferson reporting from the Mission Field.  I suppose that I'll start from the begining and tell you everything.
 
We left Salt Lake International Airport at 10:30 AM (Mountain Standard Time) Tuesday the 11th and landed in Baltimore at 4:30 PM (East Coast Standard TIme) We stayed at the Mission President's (President and Sister Belliston) House the night we arrived.  Wednesday morning we went to a transfer meeting and met our trainers.  Elder Lyons from Merridian Idaho is my trainer.  He was trained by Elder Hayward who was trained by Elder Davies. (Originally assigned to the India Bangalore Mission) We spent the rest of the day getting me used to the area and settled in.  We had a brief lesson with an investigator named Paul.  Paul is a Catholic who usually goes to a Baptist Church.  He's paralyzed from the waist down and his hands are paralyzed.  Over the next few days we went meeting with a lot of potential investigators and some less active members.  We taught a recent Convert more about the gospel and cleared up a lot of the confusion the missionaries who baptised him had caused.  We plan to let him know that God does have a body.
 
We have two potential investigators who are on opposite ends of the spectrum that I plan to have baptised in my first month here.
 
Marty has been looking for the fullest religion for years and he loves everything about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  He loves how disciplined we are when it comes to the Word of Wisdom.  He'd be a great future member of the church and he has a lot that he could offer.
 
Rob is Atheist.  I'm going to be working VERY hard on him.  He doesn't believe in any religion of any kind, but his son is 11 and was baptised a year ago.  This is going to be a challenge, but I have faith that through the Spirit I'll be able to convert him.
 
There isn't really much else to report this week, but just know that I have all of you in my prayers.
Love
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment