Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

This week in the Maryland Baltimore Mission has been a fairly eventful week.  I finally got my bike and was able to start riding it.  My legs still feel like rubber and my butt hurts, but they're in the service of the Lord so they are for good reasons.
 
We've been able to teach several lessons and we're striving to reach the Standard of Excellence in our teaching numbers.  Its taking time, but we will be there soon.  I have faith in the Lord and believe that he will place those people in our path that we need to meet.  We started the new member lessons for a young boy named Zack who was baptized in March of last year.  His mom is wanting to be Baptized soon, but she says that it might not happen till september so that her marriage can be official. (Whoever did it the first time lost the documentation and the marriage isn't official) She's set up a mission fund for Zack just recently so that he can start saving and preparing.  Its a great thing to see her so willing to do that for her son.
 
We're trying to get this man named Paul to be Baptized and I'm hoping that planting the idea of Temples in his mind will make him want to be baptized.  He talks about catholic cathedrals and how they're ornate and anyone can enter and I told him about the sacredness of the temple and how only those who have prepared themselves can enter.  He seemed a little curious about that idea.
 
There isn't much else to report this week, but I'm sure that I'll have more next week.  I love you all!
Elder Christofferson
 

1 comment: