Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Monday November 28, 2011

Our thanksgivings were awesome.  All three of them.  Yes.  You read that right.  We had three.  Lunch with the Kuhn's.  Dinner with Shawn and Sister Ashcraft and her family, and 8:00pm dessert with the Spencer's.  The east coast doesn't do much different for thanksgiving than the west coast.  Other than missionaries not being allowed to participate in the turkey bowl it was pretty much the same as Utah.  We did have a different kind of stuffing though.  Shawn brought back this blueberry stuffing recipe from when he served his Mission in Canada.  It was delicious.

So this week was a tough week.  Even though we didn't reach our goals we've learned what we need to do to improve.  We had a great finding experience though.  We were driving to see a less active family in the ward when we see this guy broken down on the side of the road.  His name is Derek.  We pulled over and found out that his front right wheel isn't turning.  So we get out and I jack up his car, take of the tire, and find out that he only has 2 1/2 lugs!  No wonder his wheel is wobbly and not turning.  I look down behind the brakes and find out that another lug has popped off and is inside of the the axle.  After a lot of muscling and a little McGyvering I manage to get the lug out.  We then put the tire back on. (The lugs remaining are bent so it took a little more creativity to get it back on) We then follow him to his house.  Derek it turns out is from Ghana and has friends in the church.  So we give him our number, write down the address, and tell him we'll stop by soon.  Thank goodness for what dad taught me about cars otherwise he would have never figured it out.

Anyways.  Thats be biggest news of my week.  Okay.  If you're doing dollar store shopping I'd like candy.  Lots of candy.  I'm just kidding.  I'm trying to cut candy out of my diet.  We'll see how it works though.

Anyways.  I'd like to close with my testimony on finding people to teach.  God places people in our paths that are ready to hear the gospel, but may not realize it.  I dont know what will come of Derek, but we met him at a time and in a circumstance that was prepared by the Lord.  I know this work is true.  I know this is eternal and that we need to push on through it.  I bear you this witness in the name of the Savior.  Jesus Christ.  Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment