Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday March 12, 2012

Sounds like your weather has improved significantly. Ours is still on the fritz. We get hot and cold so rapidly that its annoying. Its also very windy here.
Tell Colton that'd be great and I'd appreciate the help. Tell Molly I'll be filling that room when I get there. I want to start school as soon as possible when I get home. I've been thinking about getting Troy Swain to see if he can get me hired on at one of the Maverick's down there when I get home. He might have a little bit of pull with that, but I don't know.

I'll go ahead and answer your questions now.

1. I was transferred so close because the Lord needs me here. President Belliston told me that there's something I have that this ward needs and that I'm the only one that can do it. Of course he says that to all the Missionaries. His job is to know where we're going. Ours is to find out why we're going there...and sometimes how.

2. I'm in the Severn Ward of the Annapolis Stake.

3. I'm in another four man apartment. We share with the Ft. Meade Elders. In Ft. Meade is the District Leader Elder Jenks and his companion is Elder Chambers. We live in a towne house. Its kind of nice. Barren. But nice. We're not allowed to hang pictures or anything on the walls so its kind of boring inside.

4.My companion has been out for four months. His trainer just left so now I'm his second companion.

5.We get along just fine actually. I found out that he's originally from Arizona. He's also half Hopi. He's very into baseball and football and I actually met him briefly before the Mission and didn't realize it. I worked for some OA functions and he was there. We've had lots of talks about Scouts. He's awesome. Hopefully I can learn some more from him while I'm here. Keep in mind that you'll never know till I get home which companions I got along with or didn't get along with and even then you might never know.

President and Sister Belliston have been out for almost the full three years. We see him on average once a month in Annapolis, but in Columbia we'd see him about once a week.
The Army Base isn't our Area. It's Ft. Meade's area. They're on base every day. When we go on exchanges I'll go on base sometime though. I wouldn't join the army. Dad and I talked about it. I'd join either the Marine Corp or the Coast Guard. :)
I don't drive. I lost my priviledges. Remember? We share a van with Ft. Meade, but since we live with them we trade every other day. Hopefully I'll be here for the 4th of July and get to go see the air show and fireworks over Annapolis Naval Academy. Things are started to blossom. We've had our first view of pink already.
There is Antietam Battlefield. Brother Marvil who lives in Sharpsburg and less than a mile away from the battlefield has already agreed to be our tour guide when we go out there and he's going to show off some of the Book of Mormon related paintings that he's done. Its pretty cool. Annapolis Naval Academy does tours I think. There's also a state park up in Baltimore. Old Ellicott city has one of the largest antique and home furniture shops in the state of Maryland. Of course the temple and we'll get to do a session and take Kadee for Baptisms for the dead. It has the Visitor's center.
Well I'm going to close for now. No new stories to tell yet since I just got here.
I want you all to know that I have a testimony of the Gospel comforting the afflicted. I was able to see how a priesthood blessing comforted a less active member in her time of trial recently. God's plan and efforts are always moving in unique and surprising ways. I so testify of his divinity, love, compassion, and his mystery in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
"Feed my sheep..."
Elder Christofferson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment