Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Monday March 19, 2012 (Late again)

Wow. Impressive. I didn't know that it wouldn snow this late in the season. Who am I kidding. I remember it snowing on us in Moab one year. I miss Moab. I give people who buy jeeps and dont lift them a hard time. They tell me that jeeps are not meant for crawling rocks. WHY ELSE WERE THEY MADE?!?!?! Oh brother. Some people just dont understand.

Oh man. President Uchtdorf with the Blue Angels. I'm sure he loved that. Flying in formation with those Pilots. The more I read and hear about the General Authorities the more I think that these are extraordinary men. The fact that they keep going and aren't hindered by anything completely astounds me. When President Packer has his Pace Maker put in he just pulled on coat and went right back to work. I also think of the words that he said back in the October 2007 General Conference, "Everything that is done in the Church—the leading, the teaching, the calling, the ordaining, the praying, the singing, the preparation of the sacrament, the counseling, and everything else—is done by ordinary members, the “weak things of the world.” He made that claim about the Apostles just like he did about the other members of the church. I think it inspiring that these men who we love and respect consider themselves as being just as ordinary as ourselves.
 
My mission has taught me a lot about independance. When I get home I'll be the best cook in the family...I hope. I can cook on a budget at least. I also know how to live on $145 a month! I may end up doing that for myself when I head off to college. Figure out my monthly income and then live off the minimum that I can.
 
So my typical day is that I get up at 6:30 every morning. Work out a little bit, shower, eat breakfast. Study by myself at 8. Study with Elder Richins at 9. Head out the door at 10 and work until 9 at night. There isn't much to our day. My roommates are Elder Chambers from Ogden and Elder Jenks from Alpine. They're pretty cool. Elder Chambers is the smallest in our apartment so we pick on him a little bit, but he holds his own with us. He's got a lot of attitude for a little guy. Elder Jenks is my District Leader. He's pretty laid back. He's pretty tall and skinny too.
 
I don't have any new stories yet, but I'm working on it. But i wan't to close with my testimony that life isn't just a free ride. We do have to work for things we want and keep the commandments to obtain salvation in this life. With our mortal life being a time where we are able to grow its important that we do all we can to obtain perfection in this life and then Jesus Christ's Atonement makes up the rest. I know that this is a part of his Doctrine. That it has been taught throughout all of history. It is part of this church. I know that Thomas S. Monson leads this church today and that it was restored the Joseph Smith many years ago. I bear my witness that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Master. Of this I bear solemn testimony. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
"Feed my sheep..."
Elder Christofferson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment