Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday March 5, 2012



This week is kind of bittersweet in the Maryland Baltimore Mission. Many miracles were reported to President Belliston and he's reported to us his replacement as Mission President which will take place in July. Mark Richards and his wife Karlan. We're all sad to hear of him going. But he's not dying! Because he's still here, I'm not going to mention anymore of it till he is released...and I'm getting transferred. Not happy about that one.

So this week we were granted a tender mercy of the Lord when we were able to find Alfred. A man from Cameroon. He let us right in and we were able to start teaching him right away. It was great. He has an interesting story of how him and his family arrived here. He credits it all to the Lord. A lot of our conversations are very formal though. We'll be trying to get to know him better this week. Alfred has a great spirit to his home and he just loves to sit and soak it in. He's a great guy.

We had probably the greatest P-Day Zone activity in the world today. We played broom hockey. I'm not gonna lie. It was awesome. Probably the most fun I've had during a Zone activity. I'm also the most worn out that I've ever been in my life. I'll probably feel like I got hit by a car in the morning. But its all good. I enjoyed it.

So other than those short little blurbs I only have to report that we found a Rhinoceros in our area. Pictures to come.

I want to close with my testimony. Jesus Christ lives and loves his children. He is mindful of their readiness to hear the gospel. "For behold, aangels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory." (Alma 13:24) Missionaries are to find and teach those prepared by the angels of the Lord. His hand is in every aspect of this work and if it wasn't for his love and influence then it wouldn't progress. I bear my testimony of these things in the name of the Master. Jesus Christ. Amen.

"Feed my sheep..."

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment